TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Assuming all variables to be the same,
People Seeking Info

Subject Assuming all variables to be the same,

Posted by ZiNnYc on January 22, 2011 at 1:09 PM
  This message has been viewed 824 times.

In Reply To I am from MARS......... posted by Greg D. (Specialty-Z) on January 22, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Message 2.5 inch piping & exhaust inclusive, what types of gain would you expect solely from an upgraded TB?

You mentioned upgrading as a system, but if they were reliant on each other, this would imply that removing one of the two pieces of this system (IC piping and TBs) would have a detrimental effect on the overall HP/TQ seen. Its safe to say that solely upgrading to a 2.5 inch IC piping set (along with appropriate ICs) without TBs will net an effect on the cars torque curve, but the opposite is not true (solely upgrading to TBs without IC piping)

What gains from an upgraded TB would you see on a car with an already installed 2.5 inch IC piping set? Assume the car is 100% functional and the tuner is capable.

If you could somehow post a dyno comparing these two specific scenarios (Z32TT with 2.5 SMIC piping, and with 2.5 SMIC piping and upgraded TBs), I think that would also be a large help to the community, especially those who need to justify spending a few hundred bucks on TBs. I dont think such a dyno has been posted before.

Please understand, Im not saying that upgraded TBs never work in any scenario. Im just saying that relative to the upgraded IC piping length on our car, the length of the TB is negligible and would not do much for an overall gain on an 2.5 SMIC piping equipped Z. If you have some data that shows otherwise, please post up the dyno, as this would influence an upcoming possible TB purchase decision of mine and a few others. thanks.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.